Traveling With Children
Most children love travelling – the excitement of the planes, heading off to new locations. Unfortunately, they usually are not so keen on sitting still for long periods of time. We have put together some tips to help make your trip smoother.
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has established a family-friendly/medical liquids lane at security checkpoint B. This is a dedicated lane for passengers who require additional assistance while going through security.
All of the restrooms at Memphis International Airport (MEM) are equipped with diaper-changing facilities. The Blue Suede Service also will be able to help with any questions or concerns.
Tips to Be Prepared
- Keep all of your travel documents in one easy-to-reach place. Be aware of carry-on restrictions and decide whether you need to carry the stroller or check it at the ticketing counter.
- Coats and shoes will need to be removed at security – slip-on shoes for both you and your children will help speed up the process.
- Schedules are important for babies and young children. Consider booking your flight to coincide with their nap time.
- If you're travelling with a partner, consider booking seats apart so you can take turns sitting with the children. This is especially helpful on longer flights or red eyes.
- Allow extra time. It will take longer to get around the airport if you are carrying or walking with youngsters.
- Bring a variety of toys but don't hand them all out at once. Use different toys throughout the journey to keep children engaged. Also, videos and phone games are a good way to keep children entertained throughout the flight.