Small Business Participation Program
The Small Business Participation Program is designed to encourage small businesses, without regard to race or gender of the business owner, to participate in request for bids from Memphis International Airport (MEM).
- The business must meet the size standards in accordance with 13 CFR Pt. 121 for their industry.
- Business management and daily business operations must be controlled by one or more U.S. citizens.
- They must have a personal net worth (PNW) not exceeding $1,320,000.
- Any additional groups found to be socially and economically disadvantaged by the SBA under section 8(a) of the Small Business Act.
If you are a small business owner, you are encouraged to complete the Small Business Participation Program application process. This will allow you to bid on Small Business Participation program projects. Begin the application process by completing and submitting the SBE Application. You will be contacted for any additional information needed. This process can take up to 90 days. As such, it is to your advantage to get certified well in advance of your desire to bid on good and services.
Once the certification process is completed successfully, all vendors must renew their certification annually by completing the SBE Renewal Application.
See What Goods and Services Are Available for Bid and Submit a Proposal
Once certified, you can review goods and services up for bid. If your company offers the goods or services requested, we encourage you to submit a proposal according to the guidelines provided in the bid notification.
Memphis International Airport posts all bids and legal notices in the following Memphis metro area newspapers:
Bid and legal notices are forwarded to business association and advocacy groups as well. If you would like your organization listed, please contact the Business Diversity Development Office at 901-922-0255 or email us.
Bid documents may be examined at the following locations:
- Engineer's Office at the MSCAA Development Office
- Builder's Exchange Plans Room
- Construction Market Data, Inc.
- F.W. Dodge Plans Room
- Memphis Area Minority Contractor's Association
- Memphis Business Development Center
- Mid-South Minority Business Council
- National Minority Contractors Association
If you have any questions, you please contact the Business Diversity Development Office at 901-922-0255 or email us.